Siberian Husky and Golden Retriever are both popular dog breeds. They are both famous for their intelligence and hunting abilities. Crossbreeding these two canines will bear a puppy that inherits their weight-pulling and retrieving skills. A Siberian Husky and a Golden Retriever mix is commonly known as Goberian. It is very affectionate and patient with children; thus, it can be an excellent family companion. Additionally, this breed is hyperactive, bouncy, and always eager to learn and explore.
Similar to other designer dogs, the Siberian Husky Golden Retriever is not purebred; thus, it is hard to predict the characteristics of this dog. Despite that, it is one of the most sought-after mixed-bred of all times. This new designer dog breed is rare and uncommon; thus, it is a little bit pricey. The origin of this mixed-breed is unknown, but the purpose of having a dog with blue eyes and a shimmering golden coat is clear.
Siberian Husky Golden Retriever
The Siberian Husky and the Golden Retriever have similar heights; therefore, a Siberian Husky Golden Retriever may stand 21 to 23.5 inches tall. The weight may vary, but in general, this bred weighs around 40 to 90 pounds. It may have floppy ears like the Golden parent or erect and pointy ears similar to its Siberian Husky parent. The coat is thick and comes in a variety of colors. It may be white, gold, brown, black, or a combination of colors, depending on the genes it inherits. The color of its eyes can be dark brown, brilliant blue, or both brown and blue.
Read More: Short Haired Golden Retriever
Moreover, a Siberian Husky Golden Retriever is affectionate, friendly, patient, and faithful to its owners. However, since it is a hybrid, it may inherit the Siberian Husky traits, which are stubborn, strong-willed, and aloof. Since it is highly energetic, it needs rigorous exercise like a long hike outdoors. Furthermore, this breed is very alert that it can be a good watchdog. It barks loudly when a stranger is approaching.
The above-listed details may help you with your decision; however, the below-listed pros and cons can even clear up your mind. Read on.
Read More: German Shepherd Golden Retriever
PROS AND CONS
- Easier to Train – Due to its intelligence, a Siberian Husky Golden Retriever is effortless to train.
- Friendly – This breed is exceedingly friendly, not only to people but also to other pet animals around your house. It will make an excellent family companion.
- Very Active and Alert – Despite being friendly, this dog can sense danger; thus, it barks loudly to let you know when a stranger approaches.
- Less Shedding – The Siberian Husky Golden Retriever does not shed a lot of hair, like the Golden Retriever. For that, you do not have to keep on vacuuming or cleaning the entire house to get rid of its hair.
Read More: Golden Retriever Adoption
- Thick Coat – Due to Genetics, a Siberian Husky Golden Retriever is born to have thick and double coat layers. Thus, it cannot survive in places with a warmer climate; chances are, it may suffer from heatstroke.
- Natural Hunter – A Siberian Husky Golden Retriever is a natural-born hunter; when it sees small pet animals in the house, this dog automatically chases them.
- Require Large Space – A large backyard is essential for this type of dog, as it has high levels of energy. This area will serve as its training ground and workout purposes. If you don’t have a large space in your house, then you must take this dog outdoors more often for a long hike.
- Independent & Stubborn – A Siberian Husky Golden Retriever is strong-willed and stubborn. So consistency with your discipline is essential. You must always show this dog that you are its master to obtain full obedience.
Read More: Red Golden Retriever